Tuesday 20 May 2014

Home Stretch

So now I have to buckle down and finish her off.

What are the outstanding jobs?

From back to front :-

Fit the roll bar and boot, but first I must check the fuel gauge sender, because it is reading way over full
Fit the centre console
Fit the carpets
Fit the interior side panels
Fit the seats
Bend the gear lever to a more user friendly angle
Fit the gear knob
Fit the gear lever shroud
Fit the ECU rev limiter light to the Carbon fibre Console, and fit that
Fit the scuttle
Make a hole for the GPS antenna cable in the scuttle
Connect the wiper mechanism
Connect the ECU harness
Connect up the windscreen washer tubing and tie the washer motor into the harness
Install the side indicators
Connect the radiator overflow hoses
Bleed the brakes and clutch
Wheel alignment (rough)
And finally fit the steering wheel

Now of those jobs I can scratch off the side panels, centre console and indicators, because I did that this last weekend.

The worst job I face is the bonnet, because the cut-out for the air filters does not match the position of the filters on the car. To avoid any cutting I am going to have to resort to sock filters and do away with the oval paper filters. Then I am going to fabricate an airscoop to cover the aperture.

Watch this space!








Fit

No comments:

Post a Comment