Thursday 29 May 2014

Working on the "Other" engine....

My other project is progressing well, to wit, the rebuilding of a dirt cheap 2007 Focus engine I found in a local scrappy. This engine is going to be putting ot somewhere between 230-240bhp

Here's the spec:

13:1 Cosworth Pistons
250HP Cosworth Cams
Hi-port head gas-flowed
Farndon Con-rods
VP2C Main- and Big-end Bearings
Keyed crankshaft
ARP cylinder head studs
ARP main bearing cradle studs
Lightweight crankshaft pulley and trigger wheel
Raceline sump
Raceline cam cover
Raceline water-rail
Lightweight flywheel
AP Racing clutch
Omex 600 ECU
48mm Jenvey Throttle bodies 
Standard Birkin bell housing and concentric clutch
T9 Box with SPC gearset (tall 1st gear)


So far I have had the crank keyed and the crank sprocket has been spark eroded to fit.
The OMEX 600 harness has arrived
All the gearbox bits are here I must just assemble the gearbox when I get a free Saturday.
The head has been gas-flowed by Van Der Linde developments and the cams have been cut from fresh billets.
I had to design the trigger wheel myself on a CAD program to fit the Cosworth crank pulley and get it laser cut in Durban.

So far the block has been fitted with the crankshaft and its associated cradle and bearings, and the pistons have been fitted. All the main moving bits have been torqued up.

I just ordered the cylinder head gasket today so I can fit the cylinder head sometime next week.

I must still order the Raceline stuff. That is going to be a wallet bender!


No comments:

Post a Comment