Monday 21 May 2012

Disassembly

This morning I sprung out of bed to see if we could get the chassis out of the car. Several cups of tea persuaded Rita to help me. I dragged the chassis out as far as I could....

It was then that I saw Rita couldn't hold the weight of the front end so we quickly set it on the ground (g-e-n-t-l-y!). Time for some ingenuity and lateral thinking.

I grabbed an old dog blanket, laid it in a wheelbarrow and I lifted the front end while Rita inserted the wheelbarrow underneath the nose. I picked up the rear and voila! we were in business, all Rita had to do is push the wheelbarrow which supported the weight, while I picked up the rear end. We steered the chassis into the prepared workspace and placed the chassis on the trestles and I got to work stripping the chassis yet further.

The chassis is pretty well comprehensive - the pedal box, loom, fuel lines, hydraulics and steering column are all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment