Friday 4 May 2012

Tools

When I was a laaitie my Dad worked for Ingersoll-Rand in Alrode. He was manager of the Air Tool and Hoist division. He used to come home with all sorts of really good quality drills, impact wrenches, angle ratchets and die grinders. He also had a compressor. Also as part of his work he used to market Snap-on tools - these were the last word in hand tools. I can still remember using them to fix my motorbikes. Really sexy bits of kit they were. I inherited the compressor and some of the tools but most of them were American AF/Imperial sizes.

So I decided that if I was going to do this job I was going to use good quality gear. I indulged myself and bought an all new socket set, an impact wrench, air drill, angle ratchet and a set of normal spanners and a set of ratchet spanners. A bit OTT, but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment