Sunday 16 September 2012

The Cooling System

I've decided to create my own cooling system layout. In a previous post I made mention of hanging the pump off the engine. I changed that idea to making a bracket and attaching that to the chassis and hanging the pump off that.

After that the rest was simple. If the bracket shows signs of fatigue I will make it out of steel.


The top section from the rail to the radiator was even simpler. I now need a couple of banjo fittings and fitting the header tank and I am done with the cooling system.



I took time out to dummy-fit the throttle bodies, and found out my carefully assembled linkage was fouling the left top cross-member. I reversed it and now the linkage operates smoothly. I cannot fit these yet as she must go to the paint shop first.

I also bought some black paint for the headers and the cam cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment