Thursday 6 September 2012

The Water Rail and Exhaust Headers Completed

On Tuesday I had the rail welded up and it looks like a very neat job. I wanted to fit it that day but I had to go to Jo'burg on business and only came back today.

Cutting to the chase the headers were installed, tightened up with the supplied bolts (no studs) and the rail went on straight after with no issues.

It pays to fit and check before you fasten!



Finally I fitted the crank position sensor, using the jig, and fixing the damper with an M6 screw.



I had wanted to fit this while the engine was still on the engine stand, but I was worried it might get damaged in the installation - it is very exposed.

This weekend I will start piecing together the cooling system. This evening I tested the thermostat in a pot of boiling water (it works) and I also drilled a couple of 2mm holes in the thermostat's plunger as a bypass so that the electric pump doesn't cavitate while it is closed.

There are very few bits left to fit on this car - soon it will just be cosmetic stuff like the windscreen and the wipers.

No comments:

Post a Comment