Tuesday 28 August 2012

Final Suspension Roundup

Alastair goes off on Monday morning to get the shocks shaved down, but gets told the fitter who does these things is on leave.

So I decide right there that I am going to do it myself - I head off to Midas that arvy and buy a Hitachi angle grinder and discs.

With Alastair holding down the shocks I run the grinder across the end of the shock and inside 30 seconds I have ground off enough metal. Quick test fit and in she goes! I do the second shock and that too fits beautifully. This means we have basically finished the suspension, and all that remains is the wheel alignment, fitting the rear brake discs, adjusting the handbrake and bleeding the brakes.

 
We fit the wheels and tyres and now (roll drums please) we have a rolling chassis.

Er......Not quite, it is still up on the stands and the studs holding the rear wheels on are too long (no disc acting as a spacer.........) so they foul the hub and impede rotation of the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment