Monday 17 June 2013

Getting going again

Today was the first day in a long while I have actually had the chance to do something, so I did a bit of everything.

First bit of business was to replace the drilled out pop rivets on the bonnet catches which were removed by the painters. I've decided to use M4 riv nuts instead with stainless cap screws - much classier. These rivnut guns are very useful bits of kit.



Then I fitted the Webcon throttle bodies to the engine, and hooked up the fuel and return pipes, plus the breathers. The throttle cables were next. These cables will have to come off again when I fit the brake/clutch cylinder cover but for now it is fine. The throttle linkage seems to work pretty smoothly.

Last job for the day I fitted the rear mudguards, plus the rear light clusters. I must just remember to hook up the earth wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment