Monday 17 June 2013

Some real progress

Ok sometimes it is just as well to embrace the pain and go with the flow.

Today I fitted the headlights and man what a mission! The front struts came out first as I wasn't going to argue with the collective experience of other builders.

I am convinced that there is a special place in hell reservedfor whoever came up with the placing of the headlights. There must be a special tool for this - some sort of mutant box socket with a split in it and hex flats each end. Anyway the services of an extra length 19 socket and a pair of water pump pliers sufficed. Zero points for design, Mr Birkin.

I remembered to ground the earth wires from the rear light clusters, and while I was in an earthy mood, proceeded to do so for every earth wire I could find. Tested too!

The next item was the front fenders, and those went on with a minimum of fuss.

Tomorrow I paint the exhausts black and I fit the carpets.

No comments:

Post a Comment