Tuesday 18 June 2013

Scuttle Butt


The one thing I was not too happy about the spray job was the painters did not spray the firewall, I think they misinterpreted my instructions. Upshot was the wall where the washer bottle, radiator overflow bottle and the brake and clutch reservoirs was bright aluminium.

Off to the local Midas Auto hardware to pick up a tin of Signal Red Duco. I was figgering the colour would not be a total match for Ferrari Red, but I was surprised how close it was. A couple of coats and hey presto!


Original Ferrari Red on top, Signal Red on the wall - a slight difference - Signal Red is "Orangier". Here is the washer bottle bracket and zooty Stainless Steel capscrews nestling in their rivnuts - you can see the overflow bottle rivnut mounts to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment