Friday 8 June 2012

Applying for an Importers Code

Last week Fedex informed me the first of my parts shipments for the engine had arrived and could I please supply them with an importers code.

Turns out that any import worth more than R20,000 SARS requires you to register as an importer. So I fill in the DA185 to register and off I go to Customs and Excise at Polokwane International and hand in the docco. They supply me with a receipt showing I have applied, which is all I need to get my shipment released. I scan that, and e-mail it to Fedex.

This means I can get moving on the engine next week.

Funny thing about Polokwane International, there must have been around 40 staff moving around the building sweeping, cleaning windows, doing office work, but my bakkie was the ONLY vehicle in the car park. Not ONE single passenger in the building!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment