Sunday 17 June 2012

Fuel Tank and the Fuel system

I had to give up on the seatbelts because the factory has supplied the wrong belt receivers - they do not have the electric switch that actuates the seatbelt warning light.

For the rest of the day I connected together the fuel system at the back, tank to pump, pump to filter, filter to feed line, return line to regulator, regulator to tank. Lastly the fuel tank and filler hose was installed, and the tank strapped in. The boot was placed on the back to check for interference, thankfully there is none.

The Webcon regulator is a snazzy little piece of kit, unfortunately I bollocksed up the bracket by cutting in the wrong place, so I had to modify the bit that was left. No matter it fits now to the cockpit rear wall.

 I had to go and buy 10mm fuel hose because the stuff supplied is just too damn small for the fuel pump inlet.

My last move here will be to cable tie the hoses, then drill the holes for the rear number plate and lights.
What I cannot work out is what the two top tank spigots connect to, and the purpose of that small breather/header tank behind the drivers seat. It's not a swirl pot, of that I am sure.

I removed the front uprights, these were loosely attached to the wishbones. They will not go on again until the shocks arrive.

The front and rear suspensions were torqued up, and the front anti roll bar fastened to its linkages and I applied some lube to the rose joints

Last item on the agenda was to centralise the steering.

Quite a busy day. Now to watch the footy.

No comments:

Post a Comment