Thursday 28 June 2012

Engine and Gearbox Internals

Things are picking up in pace - yesterday I dropped off the old Duratec pistons and conrods (along with the new replacement Cosworth pistons to be fitted) at No-Nok Engineering (yes, that IS their name) and I will pick those up tomorrow. They also obligingly removed the speedo gear from the T9 mainshaft so at last the gearbox is in its component bits, all cleaned in paraffin.

When I got home I moered the speedo gear into a box, never to be used again.

Today I will go to the local bearing distributors and order the following bearings and seals. (I am writing this down so that if anyone needs to reference the numbers, they will find them here)

The T9 has 3 major bearings, and 2 small ones, specifically:

A large ball bearing supporting the Input shaft in the Gearbox (The other end is supported by the spigot bearing which is in the crankshaft) FAG 545893

The input shaft and output shaft are concentric and rotate relative to each other by means of a small roller bearing fitted to the rear of the input shaft

A large ball bearing which supports the output shaft at the sandwich plate SKF 362021

The Layshaft or Countershaft gear cluster is supported at both ends by:

A set of 21 needle rollers running on the layshaft at the front end, I have the short ones held in by 2 spacers, I am supposed to replace these with the longer ones.

A roller bearing fitted to the rear of the layshaft which is housed in the casing.

To summarize:

35*58*21 Roller bearing rear Layshaft FAG 545995 or INA F-94297

28*75*20 Ball bearing Mainshaft (fits in the sandwich plate) SKF 362021

35*77*17 Ball bearing Input shaft FAG 566096 or SKF 362020 or SKF 545893 The bearing in my case is a 545893, I picked these numbers up off the net.

The input to output shaft needle bearing has no number on it but I have samples of all the bearings to show the guys. I don't have a number for the input/output bearing but I do have the sample.

Seals:

Input Shaft       CR 10930 or Fed Mogul 222820
Output Shaft    CR 13527 or Fed Mogul 2443
Selector Shaft CR 5541

I'll be back to correct this if there is any change in the data.

No comments:

Post a Comment