Monday 4 June 2012

Clutch and Brake Master Cylinders

I get home from work and reward myself with a bit of something different.

I haul out the cylinder kit and then sit down next to the car and visualise how these are supposed to fit. OK here are two identical cylinders - these must be the brakes front and rear, and this one must be the clutch. Then I see that the castings have got a nasty seam running across the hole, so out with the Dremel and I grind these off to give a nice flat surface for the nuts to torque on to. Then swop out the fitted con-rods for the supplied ones, replacing the grease in the process. Grease up the shaft, replace the boot and we are good to go.

The cylinders go in no problem, on go the hoses, and I connect these to the mount plate and to the front and rear hydraulic lines. Job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment