Tuesday 12 June 2012

Darn but it is FREEZING!

I tried going outside this arvy to do some work on the car, like fit the fuel filter and regulator but the cold chased me inside again. This morning it was -2 Celsius and this is supposed to be the tropics!!!!
Guess I will have to wait for the weekend.

On a bad news front Cheryl e-mailed and stated the rear uprights, shocks and headlights are still not at the factory so the arrangements I made for a pal on golf tour to collect them will fall through. My back up plan is my daughter's beau Jeremy, he can pick them up end of the month.

You have probably noted I have not mentioned anything about paint schemes. I have chosen a Brilliant Red, it's a standard BMW colour. Rims will be black with Red pinstriping. 205/55R15's all round.

The reason is that I have been quoted R12K plus for a paint job. =8O - I'm told that is the going rate! Well I don't have that kind of tom just lying around. The recommended route is to spray paint first, then build, but you have to be moer careful you don't scratch your paint job while you build. ie you can't wear belt buckles and there has to be carpeting and mats all over the car as you lean in etc etc.

So I, picking the road less travelled, will be painting last. I will paint the scuttle, fenders, bonnet, nose cone and rear mudguards as I go. Then before I do final assembly, spray the rolling chassis.

No comments:

Post a Comment